Wednesday, June 4, 2014

"long lonely time"

let me catch my breath!
cooling streets; end of summer death
the warmest traps and days collapse
broken glass between folds in maps

i thought i heard your voice...

walking away leave feeling bored
lone way home is the salt in my sores
too close to close, feeling long in my teeth
couldn't feel free under me

not enough to match my words

whisper my name
say you don't feel the same
i can't change the words or my world
couldn't breathe with your body uncurled

mouthpiece to cheek
can't make it through the week
paint poison words with a honey pen
words to sweep "now" back to "then"

you keep me under your spell
you keep me trapped in your hell
say the words, say it isn't so
mining for a silver lining... just go

i never said i deserved it
i just haven't earned it

practiced kissing for the one you're really missing
ached for the place that you couldn't return to
there isn't room to
no room for me
oh, what i'm trying to say is

it doesn't have to end this way...
i sleep alone by the telephone

No comments:

Post a Comment